Boarding School Application Expert
Brian is the founder of HEC, a boutique educational planning and placement
services company helping families and students find the best school for them. He has over 15 years of experience working with independent schools and colleges. He is dedicated to finding the right fit for each of his clients in concert with managing expectations and opportunities throughout the entire admission process. In addition to an extensive background in this area, Brian has personal relationships with many private high schools and colleges, which allow him to best place students in schools based on individual needs,
personal requirements and overall fit.
Educational planning and placement service includes the following:
• Initial consultation includes a parent and student interview to determine breadth and scope of student’s need for services.
• Post inquiry assessment and evaluation to determine how HEC can assist and advance student goals through educational planning.
• Assessment includes a review of transcripts and all standardized testing to date with recommendations for additional testing, if necessary.
• Additional educational planning to support target goals for individual student profiles, which may include—test prep tutorials, summer pursuits for ESL or remediation or individual subject acceleration.
• Compilation of a prospective school list based upon student profile and information received to date. Once school list is finalized, the student will be supported through all aspects of the application process prior to the application deadline.
• Admission essay brainstorming, preparation and extensive editing.
• Mock interviews in preparation for admission visits.
• Advocacy for the student at all schools where applications have been submitted.
HEC services support all facets of the secondary school and college placement search in accordance with the Good Guidelines and Practices for Admission published by the National
Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).